French Provencial Dresser Makeover

This  french provincial dresser is another one of he pieces I picked up off of Craigslist a couple of weeks ago. It has a lovely shape but is not the quality I prefer to work with. The dresser had a laminate top and the drawer fronts are essentially plastic. To prepare this piece for painting I used spray primer, I started off using spray paint but quickly remembered why I hate to use that stuff! The can I was using started to drip without me realizing UGH! I had to scrape off the whole top and start over. In the end I used Valspar satin black which I already had in the garage. I finished the piece with spray poly. 


My favorite part of this piece are the drawer interiors. They are pink (no surprise there) and I love the fabric with Parisian shopping scenes. 

The smudges on the drawer tops are from candle wax, I applied it to help the drawers glide better. 
                                          I sprayed the hardware with Rustoleum Satin Nickel
Before
After
Blue Cricket Design

UndertheTableandDreaming