Before and After Dresser Makeover

It has been a very busy week at my house, not much time for makeovers. I did finish this dresser, which I am very pleased with. I have been selling a lot of furniture from my house and I needed to get something ready quick to use for storage! I consider this a very good problem to have LOL.
Here is the before picture. It was a standard dresser, solid wood and made by Lexington but nothing to to make it stand out. The finish was scratched and some of the hardware was missing. I sanded, put on two coats of my Kilz primer and painted with my paint leftover from a previous dresser project. I wanted to use the original hardware because it was an odd size. I had some knobs that would work in my leftover hardware stash. The only problem was that I'm not good at filling in holes. I never seem to get it just right, I can always see where the hole was filled. My solution was to use paintable wallpaper on the top three drawers, this would add interest and cover the holes. After I had the paper on and painted I changed my mind, it just wasn't speaking to me. I ended up adding these wood decorative moldings from Lowes and drilling a hole through the middle for my knobs. I distressed the edges and glazed rather heavily with my Valspar antiquing glaze in Asphaltum.



A little bit of fun behind closed drawers!






Visit thecsiproject.com


  http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/



Show and Tell Green


















Domestically Speaking
height="125" />  



























Get your craft on Thurs.









HOG

Today's Creative Blog


HouseofHepworths Beyond The Picket Fence













Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden


















toolsareforwomentoo
UndertheTableandDreaming
Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special Keeping It Simple
Designer Gardenmmm button